Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"Peony" 6x6

Oil On Hardboard 6"x 6" SOLD

Though the peony is a complicated subject to paint  my issue with this flower was  the color. I don't know what my problem is but I find pink a very difficult color to paint.  Pretty much on the same scale of difficulty as yellow. Both pink and yellow are a real challenge for me.  I keep thinking if I just keep trying to use these colors one day they will make sense to me.  I would love to hear from anyone that has conquered these colors.

This painting will be available for sale at the Laguna Festival Of Art this summer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cris K said...

Wow. I would say you have nailed pink.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Linda McCoy said...

Hello M, I am in great admiration of your beautiful work. Your peony looks beautiful to me. I like Old Holland Brilliant Rose along with W&N Permanent Rose.

8:14 AM  
Blogger m collier said...

Thank you for your comments. I'll give Old Holland Brilliant Rose a try.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Rose Madigan said...

The pink gives a very delicate touch, nice I love it.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Claudia Rosenburg said...

I love the simplicity of this oil painting! I also love the angle you chose to view the plant from. It creates a really nice balance in the image. I have to say this one and the white roses are my favorites!
Claudia Rosenburg | http://www.silvermangallery.com

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home