Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December Challenge 6x6x3

SOLD "Ornament" M Collier 6"x6" Oil on Hardbaord Panel


"Winter Quite Glory" - Jelaine Faunce - 6" x 6" Oil on Hardboard Panel

Our December challenge item was picked by Jelaine. Unfortunately Otto was not able to participate in the challenge this month. Seems he had a little problem with keeping his panel on his easel. (You can get all the details on Jelaine’s blog).

I would like to thank everyone who purchased a painting from me this year and everyone who stopped by my blog and checked out what I have been up to. 2009 looks like it will be an interesting year. I will continue to paint my small paintings, but will also be concentrating more on larger format paintings.

Now it’s time to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. I will be back to painting and posting new work in January. The best to all and HAPPY HOILDAY’S!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Alvin Richard said...

I find this piece absolutely stunning. A contrast of delicate, fragile and enlightened vs hard, rugged and dark. It almost feels like a prestine snow fall on a windless day, when snowflakes fall in suspended animation. These two would make a stunning set for boxed greeting card. Merry Christmas M.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Hi M,

another brilliant painting! Well done.

I was happy to read that you will be concentrating on larger format paintings in 2009, I'm looking forward to watching your production. Thats exactly what my plan is for the new year as well..I'm into my fourth large one (large for me is 18x24 to 30x40) and loving it. What sizes will you be doing mostly? Are you going to sell them on line or should we follow your work in a gallery...do tell. have a great holiday M, enjoy your family and friends. hope to chat soon in the new year,
all the best.
Todd

8:27 PM  
Blogger Rizwan said...

It is a very impressive work.

12:14 AM  
Blogger JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Gorgeous, M. I think this ranks as one of my favorites. Best, Jeanne

7:37 PM  
Blogger Tricia Ratliff said...

WOW! I have visited your blog a number of times and am just amazed by the clarity of your paintings - the crisp white of the paper and decoration on the ornament. I'm sure these take a long time to finish ... they are so pristine ... but hope you post again soon. ( BTW - Your spider mums from earlier are still inspiring! )

8:27 AM  
Blogger Vic said...

Fantastic as usually M. Keep it going in 2009!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Come back soon, 'M', your paintings bring real joy!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Avalon said...

Such beautiful and soulful work...a lovely vision you have. Blessings to you in 2009!

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home