Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Cape Cod Shells" 8x8

Oil On Hardboard 8"x 8" Commission NFS

For the last month I have been working on completing several commission pieces. “Cape Cod Shells” is the final one. The client sent me a wonderful collection of shells gathered by her family on vacations to Cape Cod. My mission was to select from this array of shells and create a painting. It turned out to be one of the more challenging paintings I have done in a while. It’s good to be challenged.

Now that I have finished my last commission of the year I am closing down my studio for a while. It’s time to turn my attention to family, friends and the holidays. I would like to thank everyone who purchased a painting from me this year and to everyone who stopped by my blog and took a look. I got some great feedback and comments on the pieces I posted. I truly appreciated hearing from everyone. I’ll be back in January with new work.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! There isn't a painting of yours I haven't loved!!! Gorgeous!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

despite the array of shells, you have unified this panting, making one shell grow naturally out of another shell. wishing you all the best, have a peaceful holiday.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Arti said...

Great composition,very well done collier.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Paintings by Patricia said...

Truly beautiful and reminds me of my summers on Cape Cod.
Happy holidays to you too.

4:34 AM  
Blogger r garriott said...

Very beautiful. The fans are a nice complement to the shells.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Another great year, thanks for sharing. You closed it out with a real beauty. I'm looking forward to 2011 and following your beautiful work. All the best to you my friend,
Todd

8:24 PM  
Blogger Cathleen Rehfeld said...

What beautiful work!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Diane Hoeptner said...

M. I knew this was your's the moment I saw the little image on DP. I only just now have a moment to take it all in, how totally gorgeous it is!! Challenging yes, but the fact that each shell is so thoughtfully painted and each balances and boosts the other, I LOVE it!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Sandra Galda said...

Beautiful! I love your art!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

absolutely striking!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Nancy Goldman said...

Beautiful. I really love the colors you used.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Carolina said...

wow, you're a master!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home